By: Stephanie Porfiris, October 22 2020
During an Elevate roundtable, our guests sat down with Dr. Hadiya Roderique, a researcher, lecturer, speaker, award-winning writer, and former Bay Street lawyer, to learn what they can be doing to foster equality at every stage of the employee lifecycle.
- The importance of having a diverse group of decision-makers across the organization
- Evaluations and performance reviews — How are people being evaluated? What kind of language is being used?
- The importance of focusing on performance, not potential
- Work assignments — How is work assigned? Who’s’ getting grunt work? Who’s getting office work? Who’s getting the glamour work?
- Eliminating statements of support in favour of ’10 step plans’
- How to demystify the application process (and why you really want to do that)
Check out the recaps of past roundtables with thought leaders and industry experts: